Navigate our toolkit.
Welcome to the Laurel Highlands Council Resources page. Here you will find recruitment tools and forms to make your recruitment season an easy, but a successful one! If you have questions about any of the tools or forms on this page, please contact your District Executive.
Below is a list of forms that are specific to the Boy Scouts of America, Laurel Highlands Council:
- Allegheny County Parks Foundation Eagle Scout Project Award Program
- Annual Health and Medical Record Parts ABC
- Annual Health and Medical Record Parts AB
- Beaver Service Patch
- BSA Specialty License Plate Application
- Criminal Background Check & Additional Disclosures Authorization & Form
- District Award of Merit Nomination Form
- Eagle Scout Palm Application
- Eagle Scout Service Project Tracking Report
- Eagle Scout Legacy Walkway
- Family Cub Scout Pack Camping Site Approval Form
- Guide to Unit Money Earning Projects
- Historic Flag Request Form
- Incident Reporting
- Incident Report (Youth Protection/Membership)
- Learn How To Camp
- Learn How To Camp- Appendix
- Membership Assistance Form
- Merit Badge Counselor Agreement
- PA Forestry Conservation Award
- PA Fish and Boat Commission Conservation Award
- PA Game Commissioner Wildlife Conservation Award
- Pre-Camp Swim Classification
- Recommendation for Lifesaving or Meritorious Action Award
- Request for Alternative Rank Requirements for Tenderfoot, Second Class, or First Class
- Silver Beaver Nomination Form
- Social Media Guidelines (BSA)
- Unit Money-Earning Application
- Veterans Application
- World Conservation Award – Cub Scout
- World Conservation Award – Boy Scout
Event and Activity Planning
- Council/District First Aid Log (pdf)
- LHC Event Expectations and Standards
- LHC Event Approval and Close Out Checklist
- LHC Event Budget and Backdater Template
- NCAP Site Appraisal Form
- NCAP Local Council Authorization and Assessment Declaration Form
- NCAP Short-Term Camp Planning Flowchart
- National Short-Term Camp Resource Page
- National Camp Accreditation Program Page
Adult Leader Awards
Do you know a top notch Scouting Leader? Do you want to honor their work as a Scouting Volunteer?
Nominate them here!
SILVER BEAVER AWARD
The Silver Beaver Award is for registered Scouters of exceptional character who have provided distinguished service within the Laurel Highlands Council and their communities.
The Silver Beaver Award was introduced in 1931 and is the most significant council level distinguished service award for adults in the Boy Scouts of America. Recipients of this award are registered Scouters who have made an impact on the lives of youth through service given to the council and community through hard work, self-sacrifice, dedication, and years of service. It is given to those who do not actively seek it. Only those persons who have been nominated by their Scouting peers are considered.
The 2022 Class of Silver Beaver Recipients will be awarded on Saturday, February 25, 2023 at the Laurel Highlands Council Recognition Luncheon at Stratigos Banquet Centre. Join us in celebrating these Scouters by registering here.
HOW TO NOMINATE A SCOUTER FOR THE SILVER BEAVER AWARD
If you know a Scouter who is worthy of the Silver Beaver award, please let us know. Download the nomination form and submit it to the Laurel Highlands Council to the attention of Kornelius Neal, Program Director, at 1275 Bedford Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15219 or email to both Dave Anderson email@example.com and Kornelius Neal Kornelius.firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for 2024 nominations is TBD.
SILVER BEAVER AWARD RECIPIENTS
| 2022 |
- Jay Toogood – Seneca District
- Jerry Vockley – Japeechen District
- Anthony Waters – Seneca District
- Kathy Piccolli – Seneca District
- Kathy Hullenbaugh – Chestnut Ridge District
- Doug Schmitt – Anawanna Trails District
- Jerry Chambers – Potomac District