LHC COUNCIL FINANCIAL INFORMATION.
The Boy Scouts of America, Laurel Highlands Council publishes an annual report containing membership numbers, financial statements, and program updates. It is released each year prior to the Annual Meeting.
youth in 2020
Scouting is a rewarding program where youth can learn, lead, grow and participate in a world of exciting outdoor activities.
Why Join Us?
Working at summer camp is a real job. Camp Staff members get the opportunity to develop 21st century skills in high demand by employers. Some of these skills include:
Practical, applied leadership skills learned through supervising others, engaging in decision-making, managing behavior, and living ethics and values.
Communication, collaboration, critical thinking, problem solving, and creativity skills.
Beyond hands-on experience, camp staff positions also provide:
Room and board
Training & certifications in a variety of skill areas.
Ongoing professional development
Camp staff opportunities may also be eligible for college credit in some cases or be able to be used as an independent study, practicum, or internship experience.
HERITAGE RESERVATION - FARMINGTON, PA.
You can change a life! Did you know that the Laurel Highlands Council operates three Scout camps at Heritage Reservation including one for Cub Scouts and their families (elementary aged), two for Scouts BSA members (middle and high school aged), an outdoor adventure program (high school aged), as well as winter programs for Cub Scouts?
Each of these offers opportunities for a variety of summer camp staff jobs. Most Scout camp counselors are at least 16 years of age, but the Scouts BSA and Cub Scout camps have a limited number of jobs for 15 year olds with previous Counselor in Training experience. The high adventure program employs young people who are at least 18 years of age.
Summer positions at Heritage Reservation run seasonally from June to August. Winter positions run January to March. Meals and on-site housing is provided.
Updated Job Descriptions Coming Soon
Medics (min. age 18, hold current certification as an EMT or higher)
Business Managers (min. age 18)
Outdoor Marketing Director (min. age 18)
ATV Safety Program Director (min. age 21)
ATV Safety Program Staff (min. age 18)
Aquatics Directors (min. age 21, hold current lifeguard certification with 2 years experience)
Lifeguards (min. age 16)
Ski Boat Drivers (min. age 18)
Climbing & Challenge Course Director (min. age 21)
Climbing & Challenge Course Staff (min. age 18)
Skill Area Instructors (shooting sports, ecology, crafts, outdoor skills) (min. age 15)
Trek Leaders (min. age 18)
Camp Store Managers (min. age 18)
Camp Store Clerks (min. age 15)
Counselors in Training (14 y.o. Must be 1st Class Scout or Venturing Discovery Rank)
Use the button below to express interest in working on our staff in 2023.
Individuals who recommend a new staff member who is hired and works the full season will receive $100 in camp trading post credit.
CAMP GUYASUTA - SHARPSBURG, PA.
Camp Guyasuta offers hourly positions from March through November with additional opportunities from June through August when STEM Day Camp runs. Available positions include asst. rangers, lifeguards, challenge course facilitators, program counselors, and jr. counselors. To learn more about Camp Guyasuta's available positions and to apply click the button below.
PHEAA STATE WORK STUDY PROGRAM.
Certain Pennsylvania college students may qualify for the Pennsylvania High Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA) State Work Study Program. The State Work Study Program can be used to supplement your camp staff salary for the summer.
How does PHEAA STSP Work?
For program information, to find out if you qualify, and to get the application click here.
If you qualify, complete Section 1 of the application and either scan and email it to [email protected] or mail it to:
BSA Laurel Highlands Council
Attn: Camping Department
1275 Bedford Ave.
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Once received, the LHC Camping Department will complete Section 2 and submit the application to the state. If your application is approved by the state, you will be notified by mail. This notification will include the maximum amount that you may receive (not necessarily the amount you will receive which is dependent upon actual time worked)
HERITAGE RESERVATION CAMP STAFF ALUMNI ASSOCIATION.
The purpose of the Heritage Reservation Camp Staff Alumni Association is to provide a social environment to unite past camp staff of Laurel Highlands Council, BSA and maintain these connections well past the camp staff experience.
The HRSAA also encourages service to and promotion of the Laurel Highlands Council, BSA's camps and camping programs. The HRSAA does this through social and service events.
Become a Scout
Join our scouts and start your adventure today!
Navigate our toolkit.
Welcome to the Laurel Highlands Council Resources page. Here you will find recruitment tools and forms to make your recruitment season an easy, but a successful one! If you have questions about any of the tools or forms on this page, please contact your District Executive.
Below is a list of forms that are specific to the Boy Scouts of America, Laurel Highlands Council:
- Allegheny County Parks Foundation Eagle Scout Project Award Program
- Annual Health and Medical Record Parts ABC
- Annual Health and Medical Record Parts AB
- Beaver Service Patch
- BSA Specialty License Plate Application
- Council/District First Aid Log (pdf)
- Criminal Background Check & Additional Disclosures Authorization & Form
- District Award of Merit Nomination Form
- Eagle Scout Palm Application
- Eagle Scout Service Project Tracking Report
- Eagle Scout Legacy Walkway
- Family Cub Scout Pack Camping Site Approval Form
- Guide to Unit Money Earning Projects
- Historic Flag Request Form
- Incident Reporting
- Incident Report (Youth Protection/Membership)
- Learn How To Camp
- Learn How To Camp- Appendix
- LHC Event Expectations and Standards
- LHC Event Approval and Close Out Checklist
- LHC Event Budget and Backdater Template
- Materials Request
- Membership Assistance Form
- Merit Badge Counselor Agreement
- NCAP Site Appraisal Form
- NCAP Local Council Authorization and Assessment Declaration Form
- NCAP Short-Term Camp Planning Flowchart
- National Short-Term Camp Resource Page
- PA Forestry Conservation Award
- PA Fish and Boat Commission Conservation Award
- PA Game Commissioner Wildlife Conservation Award
- Pre-Camp Swim Classification
- Recommendation for Lifesaving or Meritorious Action Award
- Request for Alternative Rank Requirements for Tenderfoot, Second Class, or First Class
- Shooting Sports Resource Form
- Silver Beaver Nomination Form
- Social Media Guidelines (BSA)
- Unit Money-Earning Application
- Veterans Application
- World Conservation Award - Cub Scout
- World Conservation Award - Boy Scout
- 2022 NCAP Standards
- 2022 Short-Term Camp Standards at a Glance – Not available yet
CUB SCOUTS & RECRUITING
SCOUTS BSA & RECRUITING
EXPLORING & RECRUITING
VENTURING & RECRUITING
The Laurel Highlands Council and Trail's End thank all the units and Scout families that participate in the annual popcorn fundraiser. Your efforts help maintain our beautiful camps, fund Scout outreach programs, and send hundreds of Scouts to camp each year who would not be able to afford Scouting otherwise.